Tuesday 11 January 2011

Iconic Fashion Images

I started off my research by looking at famous fashion icons from different times and selected a few images which inspired my creativity the most. All of my images can be appropriated in new and bold ways.





I chose to look at Audrey Hepburn as she was one of the most successful actresses of her time and is still well known today for her iconic image. I chose this picture as I love the way something as simple as an everyday trip to the local supermarket has been transformed into a very surreal setting by adding an animal to the shoot, I think this could be appropriated in so many different ways. One example would be to keep the background the same but have the model in modern bright clothes, I think having the background black and white and the model in full colour would create a really good contrast and draw you to the picture.





I chose this picture of Kate Moss as she is a very modern iconic name in fashion. I really like this picture as it is a very busy picture as there is so much going on in the background. Your eye is automatically drawn to Kate because of her bright white clothing in front of a very dull background. I also like the layout of this picture, the photographer was Mario Testino. I looked at some of his work, I really like his style and use of colour and lighting to really draw your eye to the main attraction in his photographs. I think his work could be a big inspiration for our final images.

                                                        
This is an image taken from a Victoria Secrets shoot, I love this picture it is very sexy yet has a childish aura to it. The bright colours attract you to it straight away, I think this image has great potential to appropriate as it is a fun picture that you could do so much with.

Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment