Monday 24 January 2011

Hair and Make-up research

I have collected a range of images from magazines which I think are a good idea for the hair and make-up for our shoot. I have scanned in a couple of the pictures to show you what I think would work well for our model. Most of the images constitute quite bold, large styles which will really attract the audiences attention, and make the model stand out, which is exactly the style we were aiming for.


I found these images in Vogue magazine, and really think they would work for the style of hair we're looking at (especially the right hand side) as we are thinking of going for a more edgy look, with it still being quite feminine and contemporary.
Because our model has quite long hair I think it would be effective to back comb her hair and make it really voluminous as this would really stand out, and would definitely fit in with our punky/rocker style for the photoshoot.


These images were found in Vogue magazine, which I scanned in because I really think the make-up is effective. Because we wanted to make our model look quite edgy I think the simple foundation, with quite heavy eye-liner and red lips would look really effective, and would definitely stand out. Alternatively I do really like the purple eyes in the top image, as it is one of the things to focus on, and really draws the audiences attention to the eye area, which is the most powerful. The use of nude lip colour is effective for this style, as otherwise it would be too overpowering if you had a strong colour on the lips as well.

-Beth-

No comments:

Post a Comment